IdentifyUp is making an impact within the AdTech, Digital Advertising, Media and Online Marketing industries by identifying top talent for a variety of niche verticals across North America.
DevOps SysEng role, with IdentifyUp, Inc.
Looking for a DevOps SysEng, in Texas, USA. Salary between $120,000 – $130,000/YR, 3+ yrs experience is a must.
This role is the backbone of the Systems Engineering team at IdentifyUp Inc. The mid-level DevOps Engineer will focus on ground-up architecture for automation, performance tuning and optimization; using your technical chops to design, setup and maintain systems and discover how the dataflow works at the TCP/IP level. This role will be responsible for infrastructure that is actively used by clients, you’ll handle managing infrastructure or clusters and be responsible for the automation and CI/CD pipelines, as well as interaction with dev teams.
This opportunity is ideal for someone who wants to use their Docker/Kubernetes, Ansible and MySQL knowledge to get under the hood with Linux networking infrastructure in a hybrid-cloud environment. This is not a software engineering role, it’s 100% networking infrastructure.
*An advertising / adtech background is not required*
For us, location is an important key to the selection process. Our team is in Austin, Texas. That’s where we want this role, it’s where we’ll get together from time-to-time, because we enjoy collaborating. Everyone is currently 100% remote, someday post-pandemic, it may be 80% remote. No one knows yet, could be this year or next. What we do know, we’re a great team and there’s a ton of flexibility.
$120,000 – $130,000/YR
- 3+ years’ in a DevOps Engineer role, with a focus on stable, reproducible applications, middleware and infrastructure
- Knowledge of scripting and serialization languages (base, python, yaml, json) and their use in configuration management and automation
- Understanding of virtualized, containerized, cloud and bare-metal Linux infrastructure, including AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes and physical server and networking infrastructure
- Comfort with networking paradigms at both a data center and virtualized (container) level, including the concepts of proxying, HTTPS offloading, Port and IP redirection, and how to monitor dataflow at the TCP/IP level
- Familiarity with Terraform or IAAS frameworks, Helm or config management solutions, bare-metal or elastic Kubernetes, Jenkins or other build automation and deployment systems
- Knowledge with object-storage paradigms (s3/GCS/ceph), networked and instance storage and backup & lifecyle management for these systems
- Proficiency with structured data (i.e. MySQL), including backups, replication and server performance optimization
- Familiarity with the development process (git/GitHub, PRS, commit hooks) surrounding modern languages (golang, scala, java) to interact with development teams regularly
In the DevOps SysEng interview, we will discuss these areas:
- What type of organized systems work have you been responsible for?
- What type of experience do you have supporting actual applications, in regard to the production of application deployment or support?
- What automation experience do you have outside of proprietary tooling?
- What experience do you have working in a traditional engineering org, supporting development teams or long-term infrastructure?
- Your experience supporting production systems, did you maintain and troubleshoot? Have you ever been on-call for incidents or had to manage an environment directly?
- What has been your exposure to production: running applications and being responsible for infrastructure that is actively used by an external customer/client?
Would love to open the dialogue with network infrastructure, system engineering DevOp enthusiasts, who can meet these requirements:
- Hands-on experience with architecture setup, maintenance and troubleshooting for production systems, with the ability to run incident responses
- Local to Austin, Texas (will consider someone relocating)
- Eligibility to work in the U.S., we support H1B visa transfers, but we can’t sponsor new H1B visa insurance or student visas at this time
- This is a Full-Time role, no C2C or contract opportunities available
- Looking for a salary range of $120,000 – $130,000 annually
- Wants to add value and be a part of a fun, passionate and collaborative team
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com