Daphne Jackson Fellowship Opportunities at the University of Leicester Looking for the opportunity to get back into research?
Applications are invited for two sponsored Daphne Jackson Fellowships to be hosted and half sponsored by the University of Leicester. Facilitated by the Daphne Jackson Trust, the remaining funding will be matched with another suitable sponsor.
The fellowships may be carried out in the research areas pursued by any of the departments in the following Colleges or Centres:
* College of Science and Engineering
* College of Medicine, Biological Sciences and Psychology
* Medical Humanities Research Centre
* College of Social Science*
*The scheme is open to those with STEM qualifications returning to research in STEM topics hosted in Departments such as Economics, Sociology, Management and Criminology
Daphne Jackson fellowships are unlike any other academic fellowships.They are intended for those wishing to return to research in a STEM area after a career break of two years or more. The fellowships involve a challenging research project and an individually tailored retraining programme.
The Daphne Jackson Trust is the only charitable organisation in the UK solely dedicated to returning scientists, engineers or technologists to their careers following a break. The Trust offers flexible, part-time, paid fellowships to returners who have taken a career break of two or more years for family, caring or health reasons.
To be eligible for a Daphne Jackson Fellowship you must meet at least the following criteria:
* A career break of at least two years’ duration taken for family,caring or health reasons
* A good first degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) or related disciplines
* At least 3 years in research prior to career break and / or PhD qualification
* Resident in the UK with the right to remain in the UK indefinitely
* Good command of English (spoken and written)
* Computer skills
For full details about the Trust, please see the website www.daphnejackson.org<http://www.daphnejackson.org> and for further information before submitting an application please ring the Trust office on:
01483 689166, or email email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your CV along with a personal statement explaining your career break and future career plans to the Daphne Jackson Trust office
Closing date for this opportunity is 13th January 2014