The Purchasing officer is responsible for placing the orders that the staff of Epistem require to fulfil their jobs. We are a bio-science company and so a lot of the purchases are related to lab work, and the Purchasing officer would be expected to have prior knowledge of scientific equipment and consumables.
The job is advertised as part-time and it is anticipated to be 4 hours a day.
• Negotiate purchases with suppliers to achieve the best result for Epistem
• Maintain control of supplier relationships and establish new relationships
• Ensure the accuracy of the Purchasing Order Processing function of SAGE, including raising Purchase Orders, and ensure the whole purchasing process runs smoothly
• Knowledge of scientific labs, and the products regularly used in scientific Contract Research and Pharmacogenomics
• IT literate, with good Microsoft Office Skills
• Confident manner in being able to negotiate both externally with suppliers and internally with Epistem staff.
For further details please contact
Contract Research Services
48 Grafton Street
Manchester M13 9XX
Tel: +44(0)161 989 0199