Women have to face all types of pressures in life. Whether these pressures are related to the family life or work, they need to be dealt with and managed in the appropriate way. There needs to be a balance between these two aspects of life and here’s some tips on how every woman can manage the stress of her life and keep the two aspects in a balanced state.
1. If you don’t like what you are doing and are unable to find time for your family with the current career, try looking for a role which is more suitable to you and which allows you to take time out for your family. Look for a career which is less stressful and less time consuming. Searching for a new job may take some of your time but the end results are bound to be fruitful.
2. If changing your career is too drastic a change, you may be able to change the role you are in with another with your current employer. Look for positions which do not have the same amount of stress as your current job.
3. Even if you have a hectic schedule, it is important you take time out to do the things you enjoy. Schedule time for yourself and with the family. Spend some quality time with people whose company you enjoy.
4. If your workload at home is too great, share it with the other family members. Trying to manage all the work at home while managing the workload of the office as well is putting you in a very unhealthy position. Sharing the responsibilities of the home will not only reduce the workload you have, it will also encourage others to take responsibility for their own lives.
5. Even with the rest of the family pitching in to the housework, if you feel it is not enough then seek some outside help. You could find a babysitter or nanny to take care of your children or you could ask grandparents to look after them during the day while you are at work. It is important that you take the time to find appropriate alternatives.
6. Don’t stress the small stuff. There’s too many other things to think about to get caught up with the little things that happen that really don’t matter. Don’t stress on the things which are not so important.
7. Learn to manage your time. Say no where appropriate and you can then focus on the tasks which have higher priorities. Maintaining a balance between your personal life and your work life will ensure your happiness and success.
Author by Glenise Anderson
Glenise Anderson is a successful business woman who wants to share her knowledge and skills with other women. Her organization Self Confident Women, provides tailored education solutions that meet the personal and professional development needs of women. Development and Training Courses for Women