- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Chemistry is one of the original schools at UNSW and one of the leading chemistry schools in Australia. The School teaches more than 2000 undergraduate students each year from many different faculties, and offers four different undergraduate programs leading to majors in chemistry. Research in the School covers the broad areas of molecular devices, bioactive molecules, energy research and chemical and biological catalysis. The School aspires to be one of the leading chemistry schools in the world and to contribute to the economic prosperity of the nation.
About the roles
- Two positions
- Academic Level B (Lecturer) or Level C (Senior Lecturer)(depending on experience)
- Level B $98,546 to $116,171 (+17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Level C $119,693 to $137,320 (+17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Tenure Track Appointment (5 years initially)
The School of Chemistry at UNSW is seeking high quality candidates for two academic positions. Successful applicants will be expected to lead a prosperous, self-funded research group carrying out cutting edge research in (preferably, but not limited to) the disciplines of computational chemistry or chemical biology. These positions will also deliver high quality undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in analytical, inorganic, physical or organic chemistry.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A PhD specialising in chemistry or a cognate discipline
- A high quality track record of post-doctoral research
- Experience or potential in undergraduate teaching and supervision of postgraduate students
Additional criteria apply for a Level C appointment as detailed in the position description.
Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
To apply, please include the following documents:
- A cover letter which systematically addresses the selection criteria
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A 4 page proposal of your future research plans
- A 1 page statement of your teaching philosophy and experience
- Contacts for 3 referees
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality and diversity in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff.
We strongly encourage female applicants and actively support women to succeed through specific Faculty and UNSW initiatives including generous parental leave provisions and flexible work practices.
Professor Scott Kable, Head of School
E: [email protected]
T: (61 2) 93854713
Applications close: 28th November 2016…
Don’t forget to mention Naturejobs when applying.
Source: Nature Jobs